Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Indesign strikes back

This is related to incopy but I think indesign will behave the same because the plugins are cross-application ('till a certain point. i.e. you use specific custom functions).

The problem is another interface leak. The culprit is IWidgetUtils->QueryRelatedWidget, the documentation doesn't say anything particular about it but it looks to me that this method is returning an interface with the reference counter incremented.

I tried to look at the adobe samples but it is never used so I cannot say if I'm doing it wrong or the documentation (both help files and include files) is wrong. Anyway using the static_cast trick explained before solved my problem.

Pay attention to those leaks as soon as you got it, or you will have hard days finding the guilty.

No comments: